Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's October...Pumpkin Time

I'm definitely ready for fall.  What could be more cozy than slipping into a great pair of sweats and my favorite hoodie and curling up on the couch with a blanket, my hubby, and the pups?  Now if only I could stay there all day and NOT have to head to work.  The crisp fall air is a great change from hot, muggy, summer nights.  However...the past week or so has been COLD and DAMP.  I'm sure it's quite possible that it will never stop raining in central PA, no joke.  Perhaps we really moved to Seattle and just didn't know it.  Either way, I've spent the past few days chilled to the bone and (if you know me well enough) absolutely refusing to give in and turn the heat on.  After all, it's only the first week of October!  The wet, cool weather didn't stop us from hitting up the pumpkin patch and getting a few fall decorations last weekend.

The crew on the great pumpkin hunt...Jen, Jake, Mike, and Jase
Pumpkin
Scoping out the possibilities
Tough decisions...I think this one made the cut!
These ones are headed to our house!
Totaling the damage
Quote of the day: I have rear-wheel drive and performance tires!
All is well, those performance tires do a damn good job off-roading :)
Had to get at least one shot of the two of us
After a stop at the Strites Orchard store to grab a giant white pumpkin, some crazy looking gourds, and some fresh apple cider, we completed our shopping for fall decor by grabbing a couple of brightly colored purple and magenta mums that I've been eyeing for the past few weeks.  Fall decorating...done.

No comments:

Post a Comment