Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Why can't every day be a DAY OFF?

My life is divided...into days that I work and days that I don't work.  It doesn't get any simpler than that.  I don't have a typical "office job" and therefore I don't spend all week waiting for the weekend because, well in reality, I work 50% of any and all weekends that exist.  This is definitely not a complaint though, because I must tell you that I do, indeed, enjoy my time off during the week (yay me!).  One of the perks of working a condensed work week with a fluctuating schedule!  Those days off tend to be one extreme or the other...feast or famine, if you'd like to call it that.  I'm either entirely productive (i.e. I get stuff done and therefore you don't see any new blog posts for a while) or I spend the majority of my time plopped on the couch with my lovely chihuahuas (watching daytime TV, blogging, and searching interest and DIY blogs for new home decor ideas)...all of the above make me a happy girl :-)

As I'm taking a few moments out of my day to blog a bit (apparently I've been a bit too productive lately and haven't focused enough time to BLOGGING), here's a few things that I'm loving, thinking about, and have been excited for recently...


Bertoia Diamond Chair by Knoll with a lovely gray fabric cover...drool! 
I've had a recently acquired obsession with chairs--chairs of the vintage and mid-century design to be exact.  Out of the blue the other day, I stumbled across a pair of black Bertoia side chairs at a local antique store.  I have to say, it took everything in my power NOT to grab them up immediately! And...I've been thinking about them everyday since!  However, after much thought I've decided to keep my eyes peeled for a Bertoia Diamond Chair (or two) instead...a bit larger and more of a statement piece to add to our home!  Thinking of setting up a nice little reading nook in one of our bay windows :-)

I don't know which I like more...the dresser itself or the gorgeous turquoise-grey color on the walls!
 This gorgeous little dresser will be making it's way to Harrisburg in the next week or two.  If you remember, Mike and I bought a new bed frame for our master bedroom last fall (before our first set of Minnesota visitors came).  Well, at that time, we solely bought the bed frame and currently have a pretty lonely looking master bedroom. We were definitely in need of (at least) a dresser, if not more furniture to accentuate the room.  After months of searching the web for vintage pieces and just not finding the perfect dresser, we finally decided to buy a coordinating piece from Room & Board.  Their furniture is definitely on the pricey side, but we're looking at it as an investment...and are more than happy about the fantastic quality and solid wood construction.  We <3 our bed, so I'm that much more excited for the dresser to arrive!!
Stay classy, Bemidji!
I have to say that I'm totally loving the fact that my little brother has taken his leap into the blogging world.  Much to my surprise, I woke up this morning to see the inaugural posting of the B-town Adventures...so cool!  I'm incredibly excited to follow AJ's adventures in blogging, but I'm really hoping that Ron Burgundy's eyes don't stare into my soul with each post he writes, LOL. Who knew that me, of all people, would be the one to start a family freight-train of blogging!

Well folks, it's back to the grind...another work day on Friday.  Stay tuned for a few more blog posts about what we've been up to in the 'Burg lately.  After all, we've been through a recent move so you have to get acquainted with our new abode and we've definitely checked out a few new restaurants around town (new to us anyway) and found some great food along the way!!  Oh yeah, still working on that whole Photo-a-Day thing too...it might take me through the weekend to get caught up.  If you have any suggestions on content you'd like to see posted, feel free to let me know...I'd love an idea or two!! For all you nine-to-fivers out there, enjoy your Friday and have a fantastically happy weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment