Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Motivation.




I've fallen off the wagon.  The workout wagon, that is.  And if I'm going to be completely honest...I've fallen off the healthy eating wagon, too.  My current diet resembles nothing that it should.  Uggghhh.  Sometimes life gets busy, work gets long, friends are too much fun, it's too easy to just sit in front of the TV or the computer and stare, and habits go by the wayside.  Too many burgers, too many fries, and too many beers (yes...I think I just said that)!  I realize I'm not the only one...no doubt, this happens to all of us (if it doesn't, more power to ya!)--truth is that it probably happens a little more often than I'd like and a little more often than I'd like to admit to myself or anyone else!  I guess it wouldn't be such an achievement if it were easy, right?  My hope is that maybe (just maybe) this will allow me to RESET my vision and my focus toward living a healthy life each and every day--to move my body daily and fill it with healthy and wholesome fuel.  As I write this, I realize I'm starting to sound like some self-help book...gag (I am definitely NOT anything of the sort)!

It just so happens I came across this blog post from Angela at OhSheGlows the other day:  The Workout Log Challenge.  It helped inspire me to re-focus and try to make fitness and healthy eating a central part of my life, of our lives (both Mike and I alike).  Oooooh, and she included her version of a workout journal/log to keep yourself on track...be sure to take a look!  

It's Monday, the beginning of yet another new week.  This week, I'm determined to do something great :-)
I challenge you to do the same.  Oh, and if you're at all interested, I'd definitely be up for some across-the-country (or closer if you happen to live near me) ongoing motivation and accountability; let me know.  For now, take a peek at the Lululemon manifesto for some fresh words of advice.  Not only do they make fabulous, comfortable, stretchy clothes, their shopping bags and their stores are littered with the words of their corporate motto...more than a few of the words and phrases are challenging, inspiring, and wise.   Happy Monday...go out and conquer the world (or at least your little part of it)!  Later :)




A little inspiration and motivation from the one, the only Lululemon.
It's a bit hard to read when it's this small...here's the larger version so you can read it for yourself :)


No comments:

Post a Comment