Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sweets & Treats: Recipes Galore

Some of you may already know this, but I'll let the rest of you in on my secret.  I have sort of an unwritten rule--it's very, very rare for me to turn on the oven during the summer months.  That being said, the weather here in PA has been HOT, the A/C has been running, and both Mike and I have been longing for a fresh batch of granola.  Not only does it taste a thousand times better than the commercial stuff, but it doesn't cost $5/bag either!

My favorite recipe comes courtesy of Angela Liddon over at Oh She Glows; it's pictured below (I spared you by omitting the candid iPhone photo of mine).  Angela's blog has the most amazing recipes, to which I should credit for my recently-found love of baking (I've always loved cooking, but have typically left the baking to someone else)!  The recipes really do taste as good as they look on the website.  The following are just a few of the favorites I've found...I encourage you to head over to her site and check them out!

As an aside: Most of you who talk to me enough or who have seen me eat my morning breakfast probably have heard about Oh She Glows and I may have already shared the link with you.  This post isn't to sound like a broken record, it's just to enlighten the food lives of those who haven't heard about it or tried out a few of the recipes!!!  In my world, there will never be a time where there's not a new or exciting recipe to try!

My Favourite Homemade Granola
Two Bite Double Down Dark Chocolate Brownies
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough 'Blizzard'
Sweet Potato Oatmeal Breakfast Casserole
Easy Vegan Overnight Oats

Dreaming of a cooler day in the near future so I can whip up some homemade treats...until then, I'll be working, blogging, and cooking up some no-bake summer treats! Wherever you are, hope you're managing to stay cool this summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment