Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

C'mon Irene

Here in Harrisburg, we're waiting for Irene.  Yes...the song is in my head, hence the title of this post.  We haven't seen much more than some misting and now a little steady rain, which is of course a good thing! Looks like we'll end up being West of most of the strong winds and heavy rain, although, most of the heavy rain bands are supposed to hit our area sometime overnight tonight or early Sunday morning.  It's been pretty crazy to watch the news leading up to Irene's arrival...we've certainly never experienced a hurricane, much less an earthquake and a hurricane in the same week!

We live roughly where the first "P" in Philadelphia is on the map
Mike and I have to get our butts in gear and get our house furnished and decorated in anticipation of visitors (I keep forgetting it's almost September, which means I'm running out of time).  I'm really in need of some inspiration and some great contemporary, clean-lined furniture!!

The fact that it's almost September also means that Mike's fantasy football life will be in full swing soon enough...for me, the arrival of fall also signals the fact that HOCKEY SEASON will be here soon enough! YAY!  I'm deeply going to miss being in the Twin Cities this winter, because I love, love, love being able to drive across town to take in a Wild game whenever we want :(  I guess I'll have to settle for what I can find out here.  Hershey, PA is home to the Hershey Bears of the AHL (Washington Capitals affiliate), which I've been told are a blast to see.  Beyond that, I'm sure we'll get in a Flyers or Penguins game, too.  If I'm really lucky, maybe I'll even get to take a trip to Toronto...if you don't already know, I have a love affair with all things Canada...especially hockey and Oh, Canada!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment