Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Welcome to Harpersburg

Over 8,000 fans watched him on the 4th of July
I've been keeping my eye on Bryce Harper's progress ever since he started playing for the Single-A Hagerstown Suns in Hagerstown, MD.  I told Lyndsey (and almost everyone) that as soon as he got called up to Double-A Harrisburg I would get tickets to watch him play.  Well, Monday morning I decided to check a sports website and sure enough..."Bryce Harper has been promoted to Double-A Harrisburg and is expected to play tonight."  I immediately got online and had tickets within 10 minutes of hearing the news!  Watching a phenom prospect play in person AND 4th of July fireworks?!?  It couldn't get any better.

Oh, but it could...



He didn't give out many of these!
Lyndsey and I got to the park about an hour early to try and catch a glimpse of Bryce Harper warming up.  She thought I was crazy when I went down into a sea of Senators fans to try and get the coveted autograph of the next big thing in professional baseball.  After about 20 minutes of warmups, Bryce Harper finally made his way over to the right field stands.  One by one, the front row cleared out and I snuck my $7 ticket I printed online into his sight.  He grabbed and signed it (it took him about 20 seconds to sign with such an intricate signature).

Needless to say, I was ecstatic!
Lyndsey and I then watched the rest of the game and the post-game fireworks!  One of the best nights ever!  

Having fun!
Bryce Harper finished the night 2 for 3 with a walk...not bad for his first game at a higher level!


All Harrisburg Senators home games are played at Metro Bank Park.  It's actually on an island called City Island (clever) in the middle of the Susquehanna River.  It seats just over 6,000 fans but there was standing room only by the start of the game.  Metro Bank Park was built recently and replaced an old ballpark that hosted Babe Ruth!  I overheard someone telling a story about Babe Ruth and how he hit a HR into the river!

Left Field...Ollie's Bargain Outlet sucks btw
Behind home plate (pre-game)
Harper on 3rd base

The entire night couldn't have been any better!  We are certainly looking forward to going back and watching Bryce Harper continue his domination of minor league baseball in our new city!  I'm sure we will have plenty of posts coming up with other fun nights!!

Here are some random photos of Metro Bank Park:
Left Field

Right Field wall

Right Field

No comments:

Post a Comment